Now that the Internet has exploded, thousands of merchants have put their entire inventory online for you to view and shop from whenever you want! There are many reasons why shopping online is so much better than shopping in-stores.
Daniel’s note: I’ve written before about why I don’t go shopping and this is a great list that just backs up my point!
- Save on pricey gas and valuable time. With gas prices looming near $4 a gallon, it’s definitely not something to be wasted. Even a five minute trip to your local mall can turn into a fifteen minute excursion if the parking lot is crowded. While even that may not seem like a lot, think of how many times you visit stores during the week. With all of that extra gas, you could go on a long road trip! Save time too by shopping from home. No need to take the time to get ready, drive, park, and walk around to browse. Simply type in what you want and instantly find what you are looking for.
- Organizing your finances is easy. You won’t have to worry about misplacing receipts ever again when you shop online. Since everything is done electronically, all records of your transactions are emailed directly to your inbox. Your house will no longer be cluttered with piles of receipts. Plus, you’re helping out the environment by going paperless!
- Pay with a credit card safely, even to small merchants. Using credit cards to pay is easy, but sometimes your favorite small merchants or artisans can’t accept them. When you shop online, many dealers both big and small use PayPal. PayPal is a website that lets you create an account for free. You simply enter in your information, and they act as a middleman when you make payments so merchants can’t see your information. Shopping this way is safe, and you willÂ always be able to pay for the great products you want!
- Always find the best deals. Comparison shopping no longer means driving from store to store or flipping through many different ads. Comparing prices is literally just a click away. You can use search engines like Google or a specific comparison shopping website to easily find out which merchants have the lowest prices. Many times, stores will offer online exclusive sales, so it pays to shop online!
- Don’t waste time clipping coupons. Finding the coupons you want online is simple, and there is no cutting required! Simply find a coupon aggregator that you love, then search for your favorite merchant and use coupon codes online. All you have to do is click to save instantly at your favorite stores! There are many different coupons online that can save you tons of money, including ones for free shipping!
- No more waiting in line and pushing through crowds. Malls and retail stores can be chaotic, especially during a big sale or a holiday season. Don’t stress yourself out, just shop from home! You’ll never have to stand in a long checkout line or weave your way through crowds just to get the items you want. Shop online and you can stay in the comfort of your own home.
- Find items you might not see in stores. Since brick and mortar stores are limited on space, merchants usually don’t carry all of the items they sell in store. Online, you can find their entire inventory, along with many choices of colors, styles, and even customization options. Shop on the Internet so you can find exactly what you want.
- The Internet never closes.You can shop anytime online 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Online stores never close, so you never have to worry about making time to go to the store. Online shopping is perfect for night owls or anyone who is just too busy to make a trip to the store.
- Shop any store worldwide. Never again be limited geographically. Many merchants do not have physical stores in every state, and certainly not in every country. When you shop online, you can browse through stores around the block or around the globe! Discover amazing new items from exotic places that you perhaps have never even heard of before.
- Ship your gifts directly. When you order online, you can send gifts or even have gift baskets delivered directly to their recipient. This means you can avoid long waits at the post office and you can get your gift delivered faster. Many stores even offer customized cards and gift wrapping to go along with your present.